Sunday 18 October 2009

Back in Taipei

Arrived home safely on Saturday morning, Taipei time. It was 25'C. Perfect.

 I told Dad that I wasn't really that THRILLED to go back home. I mean, I wasn't sad, I was just open to the idea of sticking around Seattle for a day or two more, if it was up to me. But now that I'm back, I know I was crazy.

Home is great. Home is beautiful. I've already been on a bike ride to Dan Shui ( ) this morning, but the best thing has to be my bed. Having been sleeping on a couch or on the floor for the past month and a half, I appreciate my bed so much more. I never knew it was so comfortable - and I've been sleeping better than ever. Every morning I jump out of bed, doing backflips, beacuse my bed feels SO FREAKIN AWESOME. Heeeeeellllz yeah.


It feels like this.



So now that I'm back, now what? My driver lisence, for one. I was laughed at (gently) in the States for not having one, even though I was 18, so now it's revenge time - haha, no I'm not that petty. Seriously, though, I realised how important it is to have/ be able to drive in the States, after biking around Seattle for 3 weeks. That, and all previous experiences of driving anything (bikes, golf carts, our SUV, horses) makes me think I'm going to love driving cars.

Now I gotta get me a gator. Saw one on my great-uncle's dairy farm - nearly had a heart attack, it looked like so much fun. I wasn't allowed to steer :(  - but I did ride in it a little.


A Gator looks exactly like this. Chopper included.


Ok, left over pictures of my last day in Seattle. Of course, Dad and I went bike riding.



 

 


No comments: